Mr. Rohit Kochhar is the Chairman & Managing Partner of the Firm and plays an active role in the management and operations of the Firm at a global level. In addition to management functions, Mr. Kochhar is actively involved in private practice and advises numerous foreign clients on diverse matters relating to inbound investments. His main areas of work include regulatory approvals, joint ventures, foreign collaborations, acquisitions, company law, labour and employment law, exchange control, general commercial transactions and corporate litigation. He also heads the prevention of sexual harassment (POSH) and employee fraud practice desks of the Firm. Mr. Kochhar regularly advises numerous Fortune 500 Companies (including major US, European and Japanese corporations) on a host of Indian law issues and sits on the board of many Indian subsidiaries of such corporations.
Rohit is a frequent speaker at various international and domestic conferences. He also conducts workshops and training for clients in employee retrenchment, transfer of employees and prevention of sexual harassment. He currently holds the position of Honorary Secretary of the Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF).
- Mr. Rohit Kochhar was conferred the distinguished Rashtriya Gaurav Award (Pride of India) for his outstanding achievements in the legal field.
- Awarded the International Council of Jurists Award by the Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh for his "distinctive accomplishment in the areas of corporate law and legal entrepreneurship”.
- Mr. Rohit Kochhar was conferred the Rajiv Gandhi Award for being the "Young Achiever & Entrepreneur". Mr. Kochhar is the first and only practicing lawyer in India to have been conferred the Rajiv Gandhi Award since its inception.
- Kochhar & Co. was conferred the 'National Bar Award' by the All India Bar Association for being "The Most Dynamic and Progressive Indian Law Firm" by the Chairman of the Law Commission of India.
- Conferred with the National Citizens Award for his unique contribution in the field of “Youth Affairs”.
- Presented the National Law Award for “Excellence in Corporate law” in 1999.
- LL.B., University of Mumbai - merit scholar (ranked 3rd out of 3000 students).
- B.Com., (Honours), University of Delhi - merit scholar.
- Admitted to the Bar in 1987.
- Delhi High Court Bar Association.
- Supreme Court Bar Association.
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Inter Pacific Bar Association (IPBA).
- Co-authored a book titled “Doing Business in India” published by Business Laws, Inc
- Article on 'Exit from a Joint Venture in India' in IBL (Journal of the Japanese Institute of International Business Law).
11th Floor, Tower A, DLF Towers Jasola,
Jasola District Center, New Delhi 110025 (India)
Tel: +91 11 41115222/43129300, Fax: +91 11 40563813