Mathew is the Resident Head of the Firmís Singapore Office and advises corporate clients, governmental organisations, private equity, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds and investment banks on investments into India. He also advises Indian companies that seek to invest in South - East Asia. He has more than nine years of experience working in India and in Singapore.
He specialises in corporate advisory, cross border mergers and acquisitions and investments into India with a sectoral focus on technology, media and telecommunication. Some of the clients he has advised include Belfuse, Inc., Acumen Fund, Integrated Manufacturing Technologies, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Nokia India Private Limited, Google, Inc., GuardTime Holdings Pte. Ltd., Hong Leong Bank, Reliance Industries Ltd. and American Express Bank Ltd.
Transactions Mathew has been recently involved in include:
- An investment into a company in the information technology sector by various private equity funds and on the restructuring of the investee group.
- Formation of a private equity fund to invest in assets located in India.
- An investment in a low cost housing project in Pakistan by a non-profit global venture capital fund based in the United States of America.
- Acquisition of a group of companies with operations in Singapore and India by an information technology major based in the United States of America.
- Acquisition of a Singapore company in the education sector by an Indian company.
Prior to commencing practice, Mathew has clerked with Mr. Justice K.T. Thomas of the Supreme Court of India.
- Bachelor of Civil Laws, University of Oxford (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Law (Honours), NALSAR University, (2003)
- Admitted to the Bar Council of Delhi
- Registered Foreign Lawyer, Singapore
1 Fullerton Road, # 02-01 One Fullerton, Singapore 049213
Tel: (+65) 6408 3911
Fax: (+65) 6408 3801
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com